An SEO specialist is a person that enhances the website’s web search ranking. He assures on-page and off-page optimization to deliver suitable web search results, lead generation, site traffic increment, and brand awareness. The SEO Specialist vigorously runs tests, interprets the result, and makes necessary modifications to the website. This way, the website is optimized for search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Furthermore, SEO specialists do the industry research and analysis the result. Based on that result, he chooses the best course of action for the website. Generally speaking, SEO specialists optimize page speed, page content, headings, HTML codes, meta description, title tags, etc., to increase the web search ranking of the website. Also, a good SEO specialist should be capable of explaining why these certain changes are needed make and how will they profit the website and the business.
Responsibilities Of An SEO Specialist
There are many responsibilities for an SEO specialist that he must fulfill. Some of these responsibilities may vary according to the company, business, marketing department, and team or clients’ requirements.
The responsibilities of an SEO Specialist are as follow-
- Frequently updating the content and website links for higher optimization and web search rankings.
- Making optimization strategies to improve the website traffic and search engine rankings.
- Interact with editorial, development, and marketing teams to execute better SEO practices in content marketing and creation.
- Run tests, accumulate and analyze the data and results when running paid search campaigns for determining insights and latest trends to gain the highest ROI.
- Communicate with other marketing executives and SEO specialists to create better SEO strategies.
- Interact with customers to achieve the objectives.
- Research, examine, and implement SEO suggestions.
- Perform continuous keyword research, discovering and optimizing new SEO keywords to use throughout the website and the business’s marketing products.
- Regular Monitoring of SEO performance metrics to understand and create practical SEO strategies.
- Assessing ROI and delivering monthly SEO campaign reports.
- Should be able to write unique, high-quality web content for pages, blogs, or post pages.
Criteria For An SEO Specialist
An SEO specialist must have a wide range of SEO skills and techniques. Also, he must fulfill a few requirements to be a successful SEO specialist. Depending upon SEO job roles such as Business Marketing Consultant, Search engine marketer, Digital marketing manager, etc., these requirements may vary.
Therefore, there are no definite criteria for being an SEO specialist. However, these are some basic skills and understanding that an SEO specialist should possess-
- Good knowledge of CMS platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, etc.
- Knowledge of keyword research, traffic, rank tracking, and other data mining tools.
- Experience with SEO analytic software, like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite.
- Should have 2-3 years of experience in SEO campaigns development and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to do competitive analysis and research of other websites.
- Background with marketing aspects such as customer relations and growth and Ad promotions.
- Able to conduct A/B testing.
- Good knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
An SEO specialist has the insight into latest trends and SEO practices that are high in demand in the market. He must show a proven track record of SEO-related work or projects to qualify for a job. For instance, as a Marketing Consultant, he needs to work with clients or customers directly to prepare and assist in implementing better SEO practices. Also, interacting with other marketing leadership, delivering the best solutions and filling their specific requirements, measuring the effectiveness of existing marketing strategies that he will use, and providing long-term profits for both company and website.
In addition to this, an SEO Specialist can extend the visibility of a website on the web search rankings by performing keyword research or survey, and utilizing SEO tools, such as SEMRush or Google Analytics, can provide huge advantages to the business and website. Furthermore, SEO Specialists work closely with other marketing team members to create new marketing strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to boost business and website’s social media accounts to obtain more user engagement and traffic.
When it comes to SEO specialists, there is no particular course or degree for that. Even you do not require a degree to become a specialist in SEO. You just only need relevant skills and experience to become an expert SEO specialist. Nevertheless, an SEO specialist with a degree such as a bachelor’s degree, BCA, etc., will get more preference and job opportunities.
As an SEO specialist, you will get different career options. Generally, the journey of an SEO specialist starts from a junior role on an internship, and then he will move to an SEO executive. As his career advances, he may have a chance to become an SEO manager, then head of SEO to head of the digital marketing team. Also, he could have an equal chance of moving from an SEO executive to a copywriter and then into a broader digital marketing route further on.
Advancement to more experienced job roles such as SEO manager could happen within a work duration of 3 to 5 years if he works for a company that delivers on-the-job training and promotes CPD.
There are lots of increasing requirements to achieve further qualifications to get senior marketing roles. In short, an SEO specialist has vast room to grow in this field.
First of all, thanks for visiting our website. I hope this article gives the answer to your burning question regarding an SEO specialist to some extent. However, if you still have any further questions regarding the topic, you can ask me in the comment section below.