Hey guys, today in this article, we are going to discuss how to shutdown Windows for real. So keep reading.
Normally, if you want to switch off your computer for a few hours, you would go to the Start menu symbol, click on it, and then pick the Shutdown option, which would essentially turn off the equipment. History has taught us that doing so would, in principle, cause the computer to shut down altogether. However, this is not the case.
The “quick boot” option has been available since Windows 8, and it’s always been enabled by default when the operating system is installed. The function makes the process of turning off and on the computer much quicker than the typical approach that we generally use in the equipment, which is a significant time-saver for us.
That is, as a result of this, we are not totally and properly closing down Windows, which is a mistake that may be expensive over time. In this article, we’ll teach you how to stop Windows quick startup, allowing you to totally shut down the operating system without having to restart it.
Disabling QuickStart In Windows
For that, you need to make a small adjustment in the Windows configuration. But first, it is worth clarifying that this feature is not available on all computers, but generally speaking, it is present on all PCs launched on the market in the last five years. Do the following:
- Enter the Control Panel in Windows 10 or Windows 11 and enter ‘control panel’ in the search box at the bottom left of the interface to bring up the Control Panel.
- Select the Hardware and Sound option from the Control Panel menu. Then choose Power Options and lastly, the option “modify the actions of the on/off buttons” from the drop-down menu.
- If you’ve followed the steps correctly, a page will open where you’ll find the Shutdown operating system option, which should be enabled by default, as well as the feature “enables rapid startup” at the bottom of the interface.
- If you attempt to update this feature on your own, you will be unsuccessful. To make the needed modification, choose the option that reads “change configuration presently not accessible” from the drop-down menu a little above.
- Accept the modifications and, now, uncheck the box that says “enable rapid start,” and save the file.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Procedure?
The only negative side effect of selecting this Windows clean shutdown option is that the procedure will take far longer than it would otherwise. However, if you are able to deal with it, I propose that you move forward and don’t turn around. Try to follow the instructions outlined in this article as thoroughly as possible and in a reasonable amount of time. The operating system has been tweaked reasonably straightforwardly, but if the instructions aren’t followed exactly as instructed, the result may be disastrous.
So that’s all from my side. I hope you liked this article on how to shutdown Windows for real. Thanks for reading!.